Friday, November 14, 2008

every opinion matters too…

It has been a long road to the historical Election Day. There has been standard political rhetoric, excessive media coverage, and overwhelming support of both the Democratic and Republican parties. We were inundated with the campaign platforms. I was also ready for it to be over because it was getting old and tiresome. So yes, I believe many Americans were also saying “Can It Be Over Yet”.

Unfortunately I disagree that our votes didn’t count. I was proud to go vote and though the numbers were impressive, I still believe my single vote counted for something. It counted for believing in a new concept of living, it counted for change, it counted for fresh new ideas and much more. I agree that many people only see black and white. I agree that many people put value on racism. Racism would not be as strong as it is if we stop giving it power. Take the power of the word away and you will see that on this recent Election Day, I did not see a divided country. What I saw was unity. What I saw opportunity. What I saw was promise and they were both standing side by side representing unity not black and white.

No comments: